Applications for PDHI are now closed. We would like to thank everyone who has applied! Applicants will be notified by February 28, 2022.
For an application to be verified as complete, and thus considered by the review committee, applicants must:
Submit applications via email to email@example.com by Monday, January 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM (US Central Time)
Send the following materials as a single PDF file using the filename:
- Statement of up to 1000 words that briefly addresses the following items:
- description of the public, digital humanities project, its intended audience, and the significance for that audience;
- current stage of the project and goals for the next year;
- the main challenges the project has faced or expects to face (e.g. access to local resources, funding, technology infrastructure, digital humanities expertise);
- Names of the two team members, their roles on the project, what they hope to get out of the Institute, and their commitment to participating in the year-long program.
One-page project budget, including projected expenses and revenue.
- Supplementary materials and letters of support from community organizations, funders, or other partners will be encouraged and will strengthen the application, but are not required.
Criteria and Selection Process
An evaluation committee made up of Institute staff and selected Institute instructors will select participants according to the following criteria:
- the quality and clarity of the statement and description of the project;
- the significance of the project to its community;
- the participants potential for actively participating in the full year-long Institute and engaging in public digital humanities work;
- the needs and resources of the project and the likelihood that the team’s participation will advance their public digital humanities project.
The committee aims to form a cohort that is diverse demographically, geographically, and in type of project, with an eye towards promoting meaningful cross-fertilization of projects.
The committee will select up to 12 projects participating in teams of two (24 participants total).
Applicants will be notified of their application’s status by February 28, 2022.